- Video and audio editing: Fluent in Adobe CC (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop). Proficient in Final Cut Pro, AVID, ProTools.
- Writing, editing, reporting (fluent in AP Style and SEO best practices; deep experience reporting in the personal finance, banking and small business verticals)
- Web publishing and multimedia production (fluent in Adobe CC, WordPress and custom CMS)
- Spanish (professional working proficiency; translation experience in Cuba and the Dominican Republic)
Video Producer, August 2018-present
- Produce and edit animated and live action videos for MicroStrategy web properties, live events, social channels and YouTube.
Video Producer and Production Manager, QuickBooks, June 2015-August 2018
- Drive end-to-end production on a wide range of live-action and animated videos for QuickBooks’ web properties, social media and live events, reaching millions of viewers. Produce upper- and lower- funnel content from start to finish, including digital ads, small business profiles, animated explainers and mini-documentaries.
- Script videos; hire and manage production crew and animators; line produce and manage budgets; coordinate and supervise shoots, acting as either a director or a producer on set; edit on Premiere or direct contract editors; manage communications with strategic partners and deploy.
Contributor, March 2015-present
Regular contributor to Forbes’ Investing section, writing and reporting articles about the intersection of personal finance and financial policy. August 2017 article was chosen as an “Editor’s Pick.”
Senior Editor and Video Producer, July 2013-June 2015
- Edited up to 50 articles a week for GOBankingRates, a financial news and features website, and external partners, including Business Insider, Huffington Post and US News. Guided a staff of 15+ freelance writers, working with them to improve writing/reporting and training them on structure, AP Style and SEO best practices.
- Headed all video content for the site, producing 4-8 videos a month from script to picture lock. Developed and executed on audience development strategies that grew average YouTube viewership per video 10X.
- Promoted twice, from web copy editor and digital content editor.
Writing Team Manager, June 2012-April 2013
- Managed a team of 7 writers to develop and produce 9 web shows for YouTube’s burgeoning premium content initiative. Hired/trained/managed new writers, edited scripts, directed development and iteration of all shows, which gained 4.8 million subscribers across 9 channels in less than a year.
Promoted from in-house writer.
Contributing Editor—Music, August 2011-February 2012
- Wrote and edited articles and multimedia features for the music section of Metromix, an arts and entertainment brand syndicated across 60 local affiliates. Reviewed and edited freelancer submissions, worked with custom CMS, transcribed interviews, wrote articles including album reviews, artists profiles and features.
Daily Trojan, USC
Managing Editor, August-December 2010
- Oversaw the daily production and publication of the official newspaper of the University of Southern California, which has a print circulation of 10,000 and online impressions of up to 12,000 per day.
- Edited each story for clarity, content and AP Style. Assisted with page layout, worked with design elements and photo selection. Created viable solutions to problems that arose for the paper, providing consultation to the editor in chief.
- Cultivated long-term relationships with campus organizations on behalf of the paper and participated in university events as its proxy.
Editorial Director, December 2008-December 2009
- Oversaw the daily production of the opinion section of the newspaper. Managed a staff of 40 writers; assigned pieces, worked with writers to develop articles and edited these articles for content, accuracy, flow and AP Style; laid out the opinion section, coordinating with the art director for graphics and editorial cartoons. Aggregated the opinions of the editorial board on pertinent issues and drafted weekly unsigned editorials.
Greenestreet Films/A Bigger Boat
Intern, June 2009-June 2010
- Assisted an office of producers and creative executives. Read script submissions and wrote coverage and notes.
University of Southern California: School of Cinematic Arts
Bachelor of Arts: Cinema-Television Production, 2011
Honors: Trustee Scholarship (full ride), Thematic Option honors program, Cardinal and Gold award for leadership, Abrams Attridge and University scholarships, Alpha Lambda Delta National Honors Society, Dean’s List